Welcome to Blue Ridge Angoras. We're a new small family rabbitry that love and plan to breed purebred German Angora Rabbits. On this blog you will find our life with rabbits from the very beginning as we search for them, through our daily adventures, from learning to spin and felt the fiber, to finding the babies new homes. Join us for the love of Fur and Fiber!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Update on Mabel

I received an email from Ken and Sherry at www.backacresangora.com letting me know that they're still waiting on Mabel. She's at 30 days as of yesterday I think it was....so everyone is anxiously waiting and it should be any time now! :o) This is Mabel's first litter...so I'm sure she's much like I was having my first baby...thinking it's about time for this to be over, but still sorta wondering exactly what's happening. lol

If I understood correctly, and please contact them to see, they also bred at least one of their French/German crosses and she is due any minute too! So there could be more babies available in the next 8 weeks or so, just in time for Spring! The French/German cross has a lovely gray/silver color fiber.

I'll keep you posted and will share a picture or two as soon as I hear they are born. Here's hoping it's today!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment